UAE’s Startup Community – Startup Central UAE
Entrepreneurship – A word that encapsulates a journey so unique: ideas turn into plans; plans turn into products; products turn into businesses; and businesses into the drivers of economy and drivers of change to the world as we know it.
For the longest time, UAE has been known as the ‘import economy’ – the most successful brands in this region have been bought in from other countries. However, over the last decade something has changed. We’re seeing some great home-grown ideas, seeking to solve some of the more localized problems facing the market. We no longer want to be seen as ‘importers’ of innovation, but instead we want to be seen as the creators of innovation.
Startups are at the cutting edge of commercial innovation and have unprecedented potential for expansion into global markets. In wake of the undeniable power of the emerging community, StartupCentral officially announced the launch of a new entrepreneurship community web platform, StartupCentral.ae, at The Bureau Dubai in Downtown Dubai on Wednesday, 20th May 2015.
Startup Central is home to the idea that in the coming decades, the Middle Eastern region will be at the forefront of change and innovation. Their mission is to facilitate this innovation by creating a centralized community and platform that enables and empowers an everyday Mohammed or Sara to get one step closer to achieving their entrepreneurial goals and vision.
Here’s what they intend to do with this platform:
- Provide you with relevant and timely information and knowledge you need to start your business: Being entrepreneurs ourselves, we realized that it was so time consuming to just find out basic information about government regulations, how to start your business and basic startup concepts. To ease this, we’ve created a community-driven, UAE focused Wiki that delivers relevant information with the click of a button.
- Provide you an opportunity to learn: As an entrepreneur, the learning never stops. You can learn from expert articles as well as from asking the right questions in the Forum section.
- Provide a platform where you can share, validate or market your ideas: Think of this section of Startup Central as your testing pad for your product development cycle – you can share your ideas, links to the beta version of your product and request feedback from members of the community.
- Find Collaborators and Co-Founders: In your start-up journey, usually two (or more) is better than one! Find someone who compliments your skillsets and take your idea to the next level.
- Network: Keep a tab on the latest industry events and connect with members of the community.
They have big plans for this platform, but the truth is that Startup Central is only as good as the people using it. This platform wasn’t built for profit or any commercial agenda – it was built so that together we could enhance and grow the ecosystem that we’re all part of.
Invite your start-up friends and let’s build a platform we’re all proud of!
More about Startup Central HERE.